sexta-feira, março 03, 2006

information spaces transitions

"On the net, I don't meet people face to face but through digitally mediated channels. But there my mobility is global and instantaneous, and the speed of interaction and change matches much more closely the speed I need to be able to do all the stuff I find relevant. Through the net I arrange the face to face meetings, through the net I decide where to spend my limited time and resources for geographical mobility. Which in the end actually increases my geographical mobility(...)"


Ton's description of his practices helps my reflection on the study of infomobility around and across infospaces. Ton uses the word infoscape refering to the online information, and geoscape for the face to face information.
For me the infoscape is the total amount of information one is exposed to in all the information spaces one has access, regardly of the medium one uses. Thow i understand the use of the word to make the point about crossing geo and digital landscapes and the problems one faces having to live in all of them but feeling that the transition is still not smooth enought to allow an inclusive informationspace.

1 comentário:

O Restaurador disse...

I Encontro de Blogues em Vila Viçosa

Participe e divulgue! Saiba mais em http://encontrodeblogues.pt.vu/ e no Restaurador da Independência.

Saudações!